AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "WildernessPlaceLodge furnishes cheap hooks for King salmon. We lost soooooo many because the BIG Kings straightened the hooks or pulled the hooks off the lure. OFF THE LURE..."
- "My Samsonite Pro DLX3 55cm Spinner carry-on luggage was completely useless after its 4th trip within two years. Samsonite customer service is medieval. They simple went silent after I presented..."
- "The man runs a telemarketing scheme with predatory practises. His business gets private information on companies and his employees contact people at these companies offering them "help" for booking hotels on..."
- "i received a netspend mastercard today and they put my nick-name on the card this is just weird,and i really want to know how do the get my info?and i..."
- "I ordered the My First Cooking Playset from LTD Commmodities. The set was advertised to include a coffee maker, an oven & 11 pieces of cookware. The item was on..."
- "Bought a top from charming Charlie store . Only after one use the top ripped from the side. Contacted customer service so that I can return the old and get..."
- "We purchased a 2005 Ford Focus from Bubba Hill Auto on 08/10/16. I felt assured due to them stating that every car they sell comes with a 30-day - 1000..."
- "I was worried about my money. As dhgate says false tracking number suspected. dhgate representative was very nice.And assure me that my money is complete safe with dhgate secure bank..."
- "Absolute fraud!!! Provided me with false tracking numbers! I ordered two separate jerseys and later I find two foreign atm charges and two separate charges that were linked to..."