The AARP travel center cheated seniors
AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I advertise 2 properties on Flipkey site. Firstly I'd briefly like to agree with several of the previous reviewers that communication from "Flipkey help" (if you can find out how to..."
- "So I've done all the necessary paperwork, mailed back my Itinerary, the whole shebang. I even certified it just to be safe. I have not received a check yet. It's..."
- "Viator doesn't run the tours themselves. We got to the Barcelona office of the local tour operator. They told us that they forgot about the "confirmed" tour that my whole..."
- "i received a netspend mastercard today and they put my nick-name on the card this is just weird,and i really want to know how do the get my info?and i..."
- "musicstorelive auctioned what they claimed was a 2009 Hiwatt in "XLNT COND" on ebay. I won the auction and they sent me a 1981 Hiwatt-Biacrown in a late model Hiwatt..."
- "Home Perfect customers beware. Spent $250 on sink. Didn't open the box within 48 hours, not realizing their incredibly limited damage reporting policy. They would not help..."
- "Hello, I love pizza hut and often order from there. However, I had an experience at the store located at Miami FL, 6625 S Dixie Hwy, 33143 on January 29th around..."
- "Visited the Mentor Ave. in Mentor Ohio . The carpets were in great need of vacuuming all around where we sat. Tables needed to be bussed . A..."
- "Sent me samples and then charged a whole bunch of stuff without asking. Tried sending back because I never ordered anything to begin with and customer support was rude and..."