The AARP travel center cheated seniors
AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Today i purchased a roundtrip ticket out of the country. The total charge said 505.40 when i clicked booked it and confirmed, my flight was confirmed for 934.40. This is..."
- "In the attached video clip, a Harrisburg TV Investigative report looks into Sundance Vacations, which is the sales front for Travel Advantage Network. Though on paper the two companies try..."
- "We left Oregon Jan 12th to go cross country along the southern states to Florida Georgia South and North Carolina using Thousand trails and Encore. What a disappointment. We..."
- "i received a netspend mastercard today and they put my nick-name on the card this is just weird,and i really want to know how do the get my info?and i..."
- "musicstorelive auctioned what they claimed was a 2009 Hiwatt in "XLNT COND" on ebay. I won the auction and they sent me a 1981 Hiwatt-Biacrown in a late model Hiwatt..."
- "Sony ebook reader PRS-350 Cost: about $140.00 Replacement cost for the little plastic stylus for navigating the screen: $63.00 You can only buy it from Sony. So A couple of emails to Sony only gets..."
- "To Whom It May Concern I would like to seek your assistance to investigate a spam mail i had received where pictures of my family were send to me from an..."
- "We bought a Dormia Queen waterbed and base frame from a store and the frame busted that night. As we were laying there... it actual creaked and pop! I ended..."
- "Stopzilla came onto my computer without my knowing or permission and have sinse been advertising FREE of charge then try have blocked me looking at my own work on websites..."