The AARP travel center cheated seniors
AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We left Oregon Jan 12th to go cross country along the southern states to Florida Georgia South and North Carolina using Thousand trails and Encore. What a disappointment. We..."
- "What they say if its to good to be true! paid 400.00 dollars; no Hawaii all inclusive package with additional 250.00 and 200.00 dollars booking fee and peak season..."
- "WildernessPlaceLodge furnishes cheap hooks for King salmon. We lost soooooo many because the BIG Kings straightened the hooks or pulled the hooks off the lure. OFF THE LURE..."
- "Sony ebook reader PRS-350 Cost: about $140.00 Replacement cost for the little plastic stylus for navigating the screen: $63.00 You can only buy it from Sony. So A couple of emails to Sony only gets..."
- "deceptive business practice. they send you a receipt for your $1.00 purchase to freeze your credit report. NOWHERE do they tell you it's a trial and that you..."
- "musicstorelive auctioned what they claimed was a 2009 Hiwatt in "XLNT COND" on ebay. I won the auction and they sent me a 1981 Hiwatt-Biacrown in a late model Hiwatt..."
- "Ian Beyond disappointed. I ordered flowers paid extra For a larger Florial arrangement. However, The flowers sent were Not close to what I ordered. I complained to The Company...."
- "#ALL#WOOD#FLOORS#AND#DECKS - Dave Torres was supposed to build a deck and install wood floors for us. We gave a little more than half up front for the job. After 30..."
- "I was given a Hurrycane as a gift over a year ago and really liked. that it stands up, if I drop it I can step on one of the..."