The AARP travel center cheated seniors
AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "This "company" Apartamentos Amoblados Julian based in Medellin, Colombia, is a complete scam. They are unlicensed and in violation of local tourism laws. If they are caught while you..."
- "Best Hotel In Udaipur Overlooking the Swaroop Sagar Lake, The Hotel Natural Udaipur We stayed at this hotel for just one night and thats where we made a mistake. We should have..."
- "It is so fustrating to get a ticket in the mail for $67.00 one day and then have to pay another $39.00 today. For something I had no clue about...."
- "Sony ebook reader PRS-350 Cost: about $140.00 Replacement cost for the little plastic stylus for navigating the screen: $63.00 You can only buy it from Sony. So A couple of emails to Sony only gets..."
- "Bought a top from charming Charlie store . Only after one use the top ripped from the side. Contacted customer service so that I can return the old and get..."
- "musicstorelive auctioned what they claimed was a 2009 Hiwatt in "XLNT COND" on ebay. I won the auction and they sent me a 1981 Hiwatt-Biacrown in a late model Hiwatt..."
- "So when checking out this website I immediately noticed the sellers had very high review ratings. However when you look at things that have actually been reviewed there are few..."
- "Started out ok. Made a promise of completing our very small but only bathroom in 5 days. I figured it would be longer, but I wasn't prepared for this...."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."