The AARP travel center cheated seniors
AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.review #194090
You may also like
- "9 months ago my wife and I received a call telling us we won a cruise. Similar to everyone else here we attended one of their sales shows and were..."
- "In the attached video clip, a Harrisburg TV Investigative report looks into Sundance Vacations, which is the sales front for Travel Advantage Network. Though on paper the two companies try..."
- "This "company" Apartamentos Amoblados Julian based in Medellin, Colombia, is a complete scam. They are unlicensed and in violation of local tourism laws. If they are caught while you..."
- "Sony ebook reader PRS-350 Cost: about $140.00 Replacement cost for the little plastic stylus for navigating the screen: $63.00 You can only buy it from Sony. So A couple of emails to Sony only gets..."
- "Home Perfect customers beware. Spent $250 on sink. Didn't open the box within 48 hours, not realizing their incredibly limited damage reporting policy. They would not help..."
- "i received a netspend mastercard today and they put my nick-name on the card this is just weird,and i really want to know how do the get my info?and i..."
- "I took my car into PepBoys of Athens, Alabama last December (2014) to get a timing belt job done on my 1997 Honda Civic. Everything seemed well until this..."
- "I'm working in Dubai and bought 2 watches. My trusted online seller sent the item through LRC which is a corporate partner of LBC. The item was received by..."
- "I bought what i thought to be a beautiful off white dress to get married in. As you can see from the photos i did not get the dress i..."