The AARP travel center cheated seniors
AARP fraud, cheating seniors 8/3/2010
I booked four hotel rooms (Motel 6, in Lodi, California) on July 21,2010 through the AARP Travel Center. It charged my credit card total $295. (Each room: $68 + tax $5.75=73.75 per night)
Strange enough, the AARP never sent to me via email a booking conformation, nor any sale slip or receipt. I downloaded from the web site a "cost summary".
When our 8 travelers arrived at Motel 6 in Lodi, we found that the regular rate for rooms we booked is $49.05 ($45+tax 4.05). The manager of the motel said he doesn't know why the AARP charged us $73.75. The Motel 6 has no business relations with the AARP, he added.
I called the AARP. It admitted that it has no relationship with Motel 6, but it booked through Expedia.com. Then I called Expedia.com. It said there is no any record or information about this transaction.
Our 8 travelers (all seniors over 70s) feel that the AARP has cheated us. Deeply disappointed and angry, we called the AARP many times asking it to refund us the difference of $196.20 ($49.05x4) it overcharged. But the AARP personnel, with bad attitude, refused to refund us. We strongly demand the AARP give us refund and apologize. We also advise all prospective travelers not to use AARP Travel Center's service.
(In writing this complaint, we have all supporting documents).
James zhang on behalf of 8 seniors living in california.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We left Oregon Jan 12th to go cross country along the southern states to Florida Georgia South and North Carolina using Thousand trails and Encore. What a disappointment. We..."
- "If you have been contacted by Leisure Getaways for an timeshare update at a local eatery, save yourself the trouble and DO NOT get involved.Leisure Getaways is NOT RCI (as..."
- "My Samsonite Pro DLX3 55cm Spinner carry-on luggage was completely useless after its 4th trip within two years. Samsonite customer service is medieval. They simple went silent after I presented..."
- "Home Perfect customers beware. Spent $250 on sink. Didn't open the box within 48 hours, not realizing their incredibly limited damage reporting policy. They would not help..."
- "i received a netspend mastercard today and they put my nick-name on the card this is just weird,and i really want to know how do the get my info?and i..."
- "Sony ebook reader PRS-350 Cost: about $140.00 Replacement cost for the little plastic stylus for navigating the screen: $63.00 You can only buy it from Sony. So A couple of emails to Sony only gets..."
- "GARBAGE! We ordered a coat a size larger than what my daughter normally wears. When it came in a 12 inch envelope I knew it was bad before I opened..."
- "I was singled out with my daughter from riding scream roller coaster. She had already passed the first height check and then was yanked out of line before entering the..."
- "I send for a dress I received it on Oct 30, and the dress was poorly constructed, and broken. I took pictures and send info pzf2011 (117,518RedShooting Star) did..."