AARP is NOTHING BUT A RIP-OFF!!!!! THey claim to give discounts to senior citizens and retired persons.

What they REALLY do is advertise for various companies and take a cut of the profits for doing so. How do I know? Well, I looked at the prices for those healthcare programs. THEY ARE OUTRAGEOUS!!

You can get cheaper insurance by simply calling the company!!!!! I recently purchased airline tickets. Based upon what I discovered when I priced their insurance, on a hunch, I did a comparison of their prices as opposed to what the travel websites charge for senior citizens. AARP CHARGES MORE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS TO PURCHASE AIRLINE TICKETS THAN TRAVEL WEBSITES DO FOR JUST YOUR AVERAGE EVERDAY SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT!!!!!!!

AARP COLLECTS MONTHLY DUES FROM MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, THEY GET ADVERTISING REVENUES IN ADDITION TO THESE MEMBERSHIP FEES. ONE WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO DO BETTER THAN A TRAVEL WEBSITE WHEN GIVING SENIOR DISCOUNTS IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT THESE WEBSITES DO NOT COLLECT MONTHLY DUES OR ADVERTISING REVENUES. My mom was taken advantage of by a company and she is a member of AARP. I naively thought that because she was a member of the "American Association for Retired People," she had someone in her corner.

Boy, was I wrong.

THEY COULDN'T HAVE CARED LESS!!!! All these people care about when it comes to senior citizens is getting their money and conning them into buying whatever it is that they are peddling so they can get their cut.

Review about: Aarp Membership.

Comments

they are simply an advertising company

Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa #171256

Your full of s***. Do more research before making such an ignorant post.