8059 Watson Rd, Webster Groves, MO 63119, USA
1.5

Although they say that they will not disclose (read: sell) their members' personal contact information, it is patently obvious that they do so. Although very rarely contacted by scammers before joining AARP, I have been deluged both by spam emails and scam telephone calls.

I have been receiving 4-5 scam phone calls per day but they, fortunately, are obvious frauds and I have not been victimized, although I understand others have been. These calls are mainly income tax scams, threatening "dire consequences" if you do not send them immediate payment due for back taxes, and grant money scams, telling you that you have been selected to receive "free money" from the US Treasury Department in the form of federal grant monies.

I am one-hundred percent certain that all of this was engendered by my terrible decision to join AARP, thinking they might actually provide me some useful information. Predictably, they deny any disclosures, a blatant lie.

Reason of review: Didclosure of personal information.

Preferred solution: I merely wish to warn others of unscrupelous business practices. Please disciminate this warning..

I didn't like: Fact they disclosed my personal contact information.

Comments