I too have fallen victim to the AARP renewal scam. They keep telling me to renew all the time yet I paid for 3 years.

My current card does not expire until 2019 but due to memory issues I just renewed. My new card does not expire until 2024 now. There is no reason for AARP to continually request known members to renew their policies.

If you sent an email to a customer then you know who they are and their membership status.

Stop with the renewal scam AARP. I am under the impression that you keep poor records of your customers and partially owned by The Hartford.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aarp Membership.

Reason of review: false renewal notices.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Renewal Scam By Aarp
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 21, 2016.

Comments

#1319148

Seems bizarre that an organization that claims membership that is beneficial to older Americans would have a policy of multiple billing of paid up customers, seemingly to prey on potential forgetfulness. This has been going on for years. It can no longer be considered an oversight.

Apache Junction, Arizona, United States #1243237

Still NO change!

I recently received my premature renewal cards in October of 2016. Low and behold I get another renewal notice in the mail on November 9, 2016.

This is seriously set up like a scam which can easily take advantage of unsuspecting elderly people.

AARP needs to fix this issue.